• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pan

Pan

I think if I made this recipe, I'd make my own tahini without salt 1/2 cup is 8 tbsp, which - well, actually, 200 mg of salt isn't terrible. I'll see whether some store like Trader Joe's sells low-salt tahini.

I'll have a look at the Winter Squash topic. I'm not going really low-calorie, as I'm eating things like full-fat yogurt; instead, I'm just eating less (and, when healthy, exercising more). But I see you were talking about low-carb in relation to squash, so I think this requires a longer explanation. I think that on my diet, it's important to have fruits and vegetables for good nutrition, so while I may seek out lower-glycemic fruits and vegetables and have less really high-glycemic ones, I don't see a good reason to avoid things like zucchini, cauliflower, even pineapple.

Pan

Pan

I think if I made this recipe, I'd make my own tahini without salt 1/2 cup is 8 tbsp, which - well, actually, 200 mg of salt isn't terrible. I'll see whether some store like Trader Joe's sells low-salt tahini.

I'll have a look at the Winter Squash topic. I'm not going really low-calorie, as I'm eating things like full-fat yogurt; instead, I'm just eating less (and, when healthy, exercising more).

Pan

Pan

I'll have a look at the Winter Squash topic. I'm not going really low-carb, as I'm eating things like full-fat yogurt; instead, I'm just eating less (and, when healthy, exercising more).