• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confectionery/Ganache frame in the UK?

Hi all - I'm REALLY struggling to find ganache/confectionery frames in the UK, does anyone have any ideas where to get them? Ideally stackable in some way to make layered chocolates. It seems to be an inordinately difficult thing to find given how widely I seem them mentioned in use! I found some stackable frames on Meiulleur CHef but they're just a little pricey for me right now. Any alternatives?

I know some people use those metal square rods...but I can't find those either! I can find square pastry rings (which is an odd sentence to write) but they tend to be much deeper than I want.

ANy clues? :)

Budding, UK based chocolatier .....or at least..that's the plan 

Saw some made by Dedy the other day - nice and heavy - would have loved to pick them up. 

Here's a bunch at Vantage House - https://www.vantagehouse.com/chocolate-equipment-results/FRAMES/Frames

And by the way welcome martin if we haven't already been polite enough to welcome you!

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

Saw some made by Dedy the other day - nice and heavy - would have loved to pick them up. 

Here's a bunch at Vantage House - https://www.vantagehouse.com/chocolate-equipment-results/FRAMES/Frames

And by the way welcome martin if we haven't already been polite enough to welcome you!

HI Kerry - many thanks for that! I've been following your stuff for some time...........ok that sounded less stalkerish in my head....you know what I mean.

I do not believe that one of my bookmarked sites has frames - and that I didn't find them on it. HOW?!!!! Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes........

Thank you :)

Now I just have to wait for them to be in stock..........."at some point". Grrr. I really need to buy a 3d printer and just build everything here :)

Edited by martin0642 (log)

To be fair - when I went to that site initially it took me to the Dedy guitar cutting frames - I really had to search around to find those ones. I'll bet a few of your other bookmarked sites might have them too but they might just be calling them something odd.

2 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

To be fair - when I went to that site initially it took me to the Dedy guitar cutting frames - I really had to search around to find those ones. I'll bet a few of your other bookmarked sites might have them too but they might just be calling them something odd.

Yeah fair point....it took me a looong time to find out that "those square bar things for making caramels" were called caramel rulers. Or that lots of places call square frames ..."rings". :)

• Like 1