• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamie's Italian Yorkdale

Ashen

My wife and I were recently at Yorkdale shopping and decided to try it out for lunch.   Fairly busy , 45 min wait  for a table but we ended up sitting at the antipasti bar instead . No wait.   I had a vague idea that it was supposed to open last spring , so we didn't realized until afterwards that it had only been open  since the beginning of Dec. I was somewhat wondering about the  service for a restaurant that I had thought was  open for  8- 9 months , but having been open only a few weeks I will cut them slack.  A couple rough patches in timing which irritated my wife but nothing extreme.   Food was a bit erratic with most being solidly good with a few stand outs.   

started with  Fresh crab bruschetta .  Fairly large amount of fresh crab on it but slightly  bland. 

rsKChXn.jpg

My wife had a wood fired pizza which was passable but there are at least 2 other places we go to that  consistently do a better job

Small plate of Rabbit Casarecce pasta  that was excellent.  a fairly standard arugula  side salad and glass of   a very nice  house red. 

RkiASIN.jpg

My dessert was affogato, just might be the best thing I ate all last year.   

dOAtJzf.jpg

• Like 2

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

One is  in Niagara Falls ,Antica Pizzeria ,   the other in Guelph   Boun Gusto .  

For the quality of the ingredients being used the prices are reasonable.  I really liked the small plate / large plate option.   the small plate of rabbit pasta was 10$   I think the arugula salad was  5 or 6 .  affogato I think was 6.   You could certainly rack up a decent bill in a hurry if you ordered a lot of food like the couple that was sitting next to us .  But we had a nice lunch for approx 70 $ including tip and tax. 

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow