• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Ashen

Jamie's Italian Yorkdale

My wife and I were recently at Yorkdale shopping and decided to try it out for lunch.   Fairly busy , 45 min wait  for a table but we ended up sitting at the antipasti bar instead . No wait.   I had a vague idea that it was supposed to open last spring , so we didn't realized until afterwards that it had only been open  since the beginning of Dec. I was somewhat wondering about the  service for a restaurant that I had thought was  open for  8- 9 months , but having been open only a few weeks I will cut them slack.  A couple rough patches in timing which irritated my wife but nothing extreme.   Food was a bit erratic with most being solidly good with a few stand outs.   

started with  Fresh crab bruschetta .  Fairly large amount of fresh crab on it but slightly  bland. 

rsKChXn.jpg

My wife had a wood fired pizza which was passable but there are at least 2 other places we go to that  consistently do a better job

Small plate of Rabbit Casarecce pasta  that was excellent.  a fairly standard arugula  side salad and glass of   a very nice  house red. 

RkiASIN.jpg

My dessert was affogato, just might be the best thing I ate all last year.   

dOAtJzf.jpg

• Like 2

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

What are the other pizza places you like?  Would love to find good pizza!

How were the prices at Jamie's?  

One is  in Niagara Falls ,Antica Pizzeria ,   the other in Guelph   Boun Gusto .  

For the quality of the ingredients being used the prices are reasonable.  I really liked the small plate / large plate option.   the small plate of rabbit pasta was 10$   I think the arugula salad was  5 or 6 .  affogato I think was 6.   You could certainly rack up a decent bill in a hurry if you ordered a lot of food like the couple that was sitting next to us .  But we had a nice lunch for approx 70 $ including tip and tax. 

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

Sign in to follow this