• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steve Sando in NY Times

JoNorvelleWalker

Steve Sando had a nice write up in the Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/dining/marcella-hazan-rancho-gordo-beans.html?ref=dining

According to FedEx tracking my Marcella beans (and others) are due to arrive tomorrow.

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker
request from hosts (log)
  • Like 9

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Thanks for the tip. I put in an order for Marcella beans (and others) this evening. I wonder what kind of demand Steve will get tomorrow after that article appears in print. Really a lovely story. Maybe a Marcella dinner is on the horizon: beans on toast, spaghetti with tomato and butter sauce and her melted Tuscan Kale.

• Like 2

Thanks. It's a nice lesson in following your passions.

I have to say, this is one of the nicest articles I've ever had done about our work. He got it! And he made it very romantic. And I met JJ Goode here on eG many years ago!

• Like 4

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray

9 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

I wonder what kind of demand Steve will get tomorrow after that article appears in print.

I knew I shoulda put in my order last week! I figured there was no rush and I'm not quite out of beans yet (though my oregano supply is dangerously low).

• Like 1

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

Congratulations to you Steve and to JJGoode for such a nice article!

For me, it recalls the days when chefs and authors used to do Q & A sessions here on eGullet, letting us get to know them as people. not just as famous names.

It's also nice to know her legacy continues through her books and now, with your Marcella beans.

Well done.

• Like 4

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver