• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tchefunkte

tchefunkte

correction

1 hour ago, hathor said:

Ping me next time you need to go to Philly. It's full of gems. 

Not sure how I would feel about smelling that food in the hallway...or if I had the room after you. Just sayin....

Philadelphia, MS is not easily confused with Philadelphia, PA if you've been to both. The Mississippi version has exactly one bar, and it is beer and wine coolers only, connected to a bowling alley. The food ranges from fast food to "Kuntry" Buffet type places to truck stop sandwiches. And if you had come across the free breakfast at the hotel, you'd quickly beg for anything smelling like real food to come wafting down the halls. The "western omelette" i dared to peek into, made of some vomit colored shpoo folded into a small yellow yoga mat, had me wishing i had brought an electric griddle with me too...IMG_5900.thumb.JPG.ed76d03c0a90e9124c5f8

tchefunkte

tchefunkte

Just now, hathor said:

Ping me next time you need to go to Philly. It's full of gems. 

Not sure how I would feel about smelling that food in the hallway...or if I had the room after you. Just sayin....

Philadelphia, MS is not easily confused with Philadelphia, PA if you've been to both. The Mississippi version has exactly one bar, and it is beer and wine coolers only, connected to a bowling alley. The food ranges from fast food to "Kuntry" Buffet type places to truck stop sandwiches. And if you had to the free breakfast at the hotel, you'd quickly beg for anything smelling like real food to come wafting down the halls. The "western omelette" i dared to peek into, made of some vomit colored shpoo folded into a small yellow yoga mat, had me wishing i had brought an electric griddle with me too...IMG_5900.thumb.JPG.ed76d03c0a90e9124c5f8