• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need a heavier duty immersion blender

TdeV

7 hours ago, paulraphael said:

That's interesting. Do you think the pricing difference between this and a regular Bamix is largely because of different markets? Like the way there was no such thing as a sub-$1000 immersion circulator before the companies discovered cooks?

Or is there something inherently expensive in a rotor-stator mechanism? Or does the motor itself need to be much more powerful?

The rotor stator generator is the expensive part.  The motor is least of the cost.  The motor has to be high RPM but little power is required.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The rotor stator generator is the expensive part.  The motor is least of the cost.  The motor has to be high RPM but little power is required.

Actually the motor on most I see are actually a Bamix.

Oops - I see I'm stating the obvious.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)