• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ccp900

ccp900

cooking 2 batches of avocado ice cream. 1 batch only milk and another batch with some heavy cream to see how the taste would change.

a bit of a tip which i learned the hard way before. do not cook your base with the avocado. it will turn bitter! 

i usually add fruit at the last moment before chirning but for the last batch i thought cooking would stop the browning and i did not know cooking avocados is bad hehe

ccp900

ccp900

cooking 2 batches of avocado ice cream. 1 batch only milk and another batch with some heavy cream to see how the taste would change.

a bit of a tip which i learned the hard way before. do not cook your base with the avocado. it will turn bitter! 

i usually add fruit at the last moment but for the last batch i thought cooking would stop the browning and i did not know cooking avocados is bad hehe