• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, paulraphael said:

I've stopped adding up the cost of my ice cream ingredients. It's a luxury you have if you're not trying to sell and profit. Some of the flavors I make (especially chocolate) end up costing way more than anything you can buy. Even if you assume my time is worth nothing (which seems to be the world's opinion).

Oh, come on - I know you and your time is...valuable.

2038275155_Coffeevanillaicecreams08-21IMG_1956.jpeg.f611a4d39aa80adea15e18f6c40a51d0.jpeg

I realize my scooping prowess leaves much to be desired, but my ice cream is getting better.

Tahitian vanilla bean. George Howell single-origin espresso.

weinoo

weinoo

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, paulraphael said:

I've stopped adding up the cost of my ice cream ingredients. It's a luxury you have if you're not trying to sell and profit. Some of the flavors I make (especially chocolate) end up costing way more than anything you can buy. Even if you assume my time is worth nothing (which seems to be the world's opinion).

OH, come on - I know you and your time is...valuable.

2038275155_Coffeevanillaicecreams08-21IMG_1956.jpeg.f611a4d39aa80adea15e18f6c40a51d0.jpeg

I realize my scooping prowess leaves much to be desired, but my ice cream is getting better.

Tahitian vanilla bean. George Howell single-origin espresso.