• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

12 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Dug out the beast, our 30 year old machine that we snagged back then at a jilted lover garage sale.    Still works a charm.

Today, peach.   Having listened (really, I did!) to all of the good info here, I dipped a toe in the Philodelphia style pool, using Greenspan's recent recipe that uses honey, dried milk and vodka.      This scoop is after a= hour ripening in the freezer.    No noticeable textural differences yet but will continue to diligently research and report as it sets up more.  

At this point the flavor is disappointingly light on peach, heavy on cream.    Also it is sweet.  FYI there was 3T honey in a quart product/12 oz peach.

Maybe you are one of those poor peeps that has really good & sweet peaches ;)  Lovely machine find.

heidih

heidih

10 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Dug out the beast, our 30 year old machine that we snagged back then at a jilted lover garage sale.    Still works a charm.

Today, peach.   Having listened (really, I did!) to all of the good info here, I dipped a toe in the Philodelphia style pool, using Greenspan's recent recipe that uses honey, dried milk and vodka.      This scoop is after a= hour ripening in the freezer.    No noticeable textural differences yet but will continue to diligently research and report as it sets up more.  

At this point the flavor is disappointingly light on peach, heavy on cream.    Also it is sweet.  FYI there was 3T honey in a quart product/12 oz peach.

Maybe you are one of those poor peeps that has really good & sweet peaches ;)