• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sweettreateater

sweettreateater

2 hours ago, paulraphael said:

Just figure out what nonfat milk solids level you're going for, and get there by adding nonfat dry milk. 

I agree completely with that. For me, adding nonfat dry milk seems like the single biggest thing which improves my ice creams, even more than the heating... 

Also, very interesting what you said, paulraphael, about Jenni's commercial production solution...

I was going to try what she does but my reverse osmosis machine is in the shop. ;)

sweettreateater

sweettreateater

2 hours ago, paulraphael said:

Just figure out what nonfat milk solids level you're going for, and get there by adding nonfat dry milk. 

I agree completely with that. For me, adding nonfat dry milk seems like the single biggest thing which improves my ice creams, even more than the heating...