• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

FYI, Dole makes a pineapple/orange juice blend and they pack it in small 8 oz cans (but they come in a six pack).  I haven't used it ice cream, but I do use it for my chicken marinade.  For ice cream I'd see how reducing the volume to a syrup like consistency affects the flavor.  (My approach to flavored ice cream is to make a vanilla base then add concentrated flavors.)

mgaretz

mgaretz

FYI, Dole makes a pineapple/orange juice blend and they pack it in small 8 oz cans (but they come in a six pack).  I haven't used it ice cream, but I do use it for my chicken marinade.  For ice cream I'd see how reducing the volume to a syrup like consistency affects the flavor.  (My approach to flavored ice cream is to make vanilla base then add concentrated flavors.)

mgaretz

mgaretz

FYI, Dole makes a pineapple/orange juice blend and they pack it in small 8 oz cans (but they come in a six pack).  I haven't used it ice cream, but I do use it for my chicken marinade.