• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ccp900

ccp900

I made 2 different batches . 1 is  cheese powder ice cream and the other cereal milk. I think I put too much cereal lol. I didn’t strain it out since I decided to make it a source of solids.....it didn’t work hahaha. I had to fix it by adding milk cream and sugar just to thin it out. Tastes wonderful though.  So in the end it did work out but I went against logic on the amount of cereals to put. I placed 100g or 10% of mix weight at the start.

edit : I retasted it and I think the cereal flavor is too weak now.  If I remake this I will definitely steep and strain and not do what I did here which was to immersion blender the cereals after steeping

ccp900

ccp900

I made 2 different batches . 1 is  cheese powder ice cream and the other cereal milk. I think I put too much cereal lol. I didn’t strain it out since I decided to make it a source of solids.....it didn’t work hahaha. I had to fix it by adding milk cream and sugar just to thin it out. Tastes wonderful though.  So in the end it did work out but I went against logic on the amount of cereals to put. I placed 100g or 10% of mix weight at the start.

edit : I retasted it and I think the cereal flavor is too weak now.  If I remake this I will definitely steep and strain and not do what I did here which was to immersion blender the cereals after steeping

ccp900

ccp900

ccp900

ccp900

ccp900

ccp900

I made cheese powder ice cream and cereal milk. I think I put too much cereal lol. I didn’t strain it out since I decided to make it a source of solids.....it didn’t work hahaha. I had to mix it by adding milk cream and sugar just to thin it our. Tastes wonderful though.  So in the end it did work out but I went against logic on the amount of cereals to put. I placed 100g or 10% of mix weight at the start.