• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FrogPrincesse

What Beers Did You Drink Today? Or Yesterday? (Part 3)

106 posts in this topic

Went to a  launch tasting at Roosevelts last night.  The new to Oklahoma beer is Paradox out of Divide, CO.  The Blood Rooted is a Wild Sour Golden Ale Brewed with Blood Orange juice and Ginger aged in oak wine barrels (didn't specify which wine).  Almost floral with hints of citrus and didn't get much oakiness.  The other taste I had was Future Knowledge, an oak fermented farmhouse ale, knox foeder#1.  The oak came out in this one.  Both were interesting, I will go back to the Blood Rooted to retaste.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.

MILF and a Winter Grind from Mother's Brewing in Springfield , MO and had a tap of Black Betty from Nebraska Brewing.  Monday I had a Rye'd or D'IPA from Anthem Brewing out of OKC at Mcnellie's South City Pint Night where we get to take the glass home.  Anybody need any shaker beer glasses?  If you pay for the postage I will give them to you.  Assorted breweries.  

Edited by joiei (log)

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.

On weekends I like to drink Carling and Peroni, but yesterday I decided to try Krombacher. Pretty good too

Another one of my favorites.

HC

IMG_1252.thumb.JPG.8bc113e8b17ff854c217b44c1a84bf0f.JPGIMG_1253.thumb.JPG.5023454b258e38392791ff4e29e6f9e8.JPG

1 person likes this

"Betsy" - allegedly the first beer specifically brewed for being consumed during air travel. I had this some weeks ago in the Cathay lounge in Hong Kong and found it a bit flat. This time I ordered it as my pre-lunch drink on the flight from FRA back to HKG. At the reduced pressure in the cabin the carbonation was just right. It was kind of fruity, with a pronounced bitterness. Reminded me of a cross-over between a pale ale and a lambic. Overall a quite nice beer ...

WP_20170624_15_21_23_Rich.jpg

WP_20170624_15_24_00_Rich (2).jpg

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0