• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add link to 3 Badge

Has anyone tried Masterson's Rye?  It's a 90 proof, 100% rye from Canada that I saw it at TJ's the other day.  I am wondering if I should try this or Pikesville 110 ($50 locally)

IMG_1063.jpg

Like Pendleton, it's distilled in Canada, branded and sold by a US company.  The reviews I read were mostly a few years old and said it was good, but not worth the price, generally cited in the $70-80 range.  It's bottled and sold by 35 Maple St. Spirits, a venture out of Sonoma, CA headed by August Sebastiani of the jug wine world. Edited to add that the name of the venture has changed from 35 Maple to 3 Badge Mixology.

They is also behind a few spirits I've seen recently at TJ's, the Bib & Tucker Small Batch Bourbon and the cucumber-y Uncle Val's Botanical Gin that @FrogPrincesse mentioned picking up there a few months ago.

Not sure if the fact they are dumping stock to TJ's is indicative of the health of the venture or the quality of the product or maybe they want to get rid of product labeled with the old name.

Curious if anyone here has tried it.

Any opinions?

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Has anyone tried Masterson's Rye?  It's a 90 proof, 100% rye from Canada that I saw it at TJ's the other day.  I am wondering if I should try this or Pikesville 110 ($50 locally)

IMG_1063.jpg

Like Pendleton, it's distilled in Canada, branded and sold by a US company.  The reviews I read were mostly a few years old and said it was good, but not worth the price, generally cited in the $70-80 range.  It's bottled and sold by 35 Maple St. Spirits, a venture out of Sonoma, CA headed by August Sebastiani of the jug wine world.

35 Maple is also behind a few spirits I've seen recently at TJ's, the Bib & Tucker Small Batch Bourbon and the cucumber-y Uncle Val's Botanical Gin that @FrogPrincesse mentioned picking up there a few months ago.

Not sure if the fact they are dumping stock to TJ's is indicative of the health of the venture or the quality of the product so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has tried it.

Any opinions?