• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

Have you ever attended the San Xavier Festival?

"The San Xavier Festival is held the evening of the Friday after Easter and features a torch-light parade of Tohono O’odham and Yaqui tribal members."

That festival is truly spectacular.  I still remember the first time I attended, many decades back, because (among many things, of course) that was my first encounter with fry bread, and a few other tasty treats.

So many fond memories of our years in Tucson, but San Xavier del Bac is right up there at the top.

Jaymes

Jaymes

Have you ever attended the San Xavier Festival?

"The San Xavier Festival is held the evening of the Friday after Easter and features a torch-light parade of Tohono O’odham and Yaqui tribal members."

That festival is truly spectacular.  I still remember the first time I attended, many decades back, because (among many things, of course) that was my first encounter with fry bread, and a few other tasty treats.

Jaymes

Jaymes

Have you ever attended the San Xavier Festival? "The San Xavier Festival is held the evening of the Friday after Easter and features a torch-light parade of Tohono O’odham and Yaqui tribal members."

Jaymes

Jaymes

Have you ever attended the San Xavier Festival? "The San Xavier Festival is held the evening of the Friday after Easter and features a torch-light parade of Tohono O’odham and Yaqui tribal members."

That festival is truly spectacular.  I still remember the first time I attended, many decades back, because that was my first encounter with fry bread, along with other tasty treats.