• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can't find a book by Jean-Pierre Wybauw. Any help?

mebinsf

I have been searching and searching for Jean-Pierre Wybauw's book: Chocolates 2: Ganache: Great Ganache Experience. I can't find a copy anywhere. Does anyone know if it is even still in print? I believe it was only published in 2010. It is (to my understanding) one of the definitive books of ganache formulation and recipe creation. I have his 4th book ,but this one eludes me. Any thoughts on where I might find a copy? My local library doesn't have it and brick and morter book stores are few and far between these days.

It appears to be available but at an astronomical cost. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I should have clarified. I did find it for an "astronomical" amount. I did see one seller offering it for over $1000. That's ridiculous. I guess I didn't realize it was such a rarity. If anyone has a used copy that they'd like to sell, I'd be more than happy to take it off their hands (assuming a reasonable price).

• 2 weeks later...

I checked our ILL database and it shows that there are just over 20 libraries that hold this title that we could (probably) get it from, so I'd definitely check with your local public library to see if they can request it for you:

US,CA CITY COL OF SAN FRANCISCO CCS  
US,CA RIVERSIDE PUB LIBR CRP  
fs2x2.gif
US,FL GULF COAST STATE COLL LIBR PD5  
fs2x2.gif
US,GA ART INST OF ATLANTA GIF  
fs2x2.gif
US,IL COLLEGE OF DUPAGE LIBR IBI  
US,IL ILLINOIS INST OF ART, CHICAGO A4C  
US,IL UNIV OF CHICAGO CGU  
fs2x2.gif
US,NC ART INST OF CHARLOTTE RRQ