• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Viking Stand Mixer Attachments

ARTVENT

http://www.abt.com/product/21404/viking-vsmfg.html

I love my Viking Stand Mixer ! When researching the KA and Viking I found many negative comments until I found a Viking User that convinced me that it was better built (stronger) and I have never regretted my decision ! I make Bread 2 or 3 times a week and this mixer handles kneading without a problem. I have RA in both hands so i couldn't knead if i wanted to.

I now want to experiment with Sausage Making and need to find the Meat Grinder/ Sausage Maker Attachment for my Viking Stand Mixer. 

meatgrinder.jpg

Edited by ARTVENT
added hypertext link to post (log)

To be honest, considering how difficult this item is to locate I'm betting that even if you do track it down the price is going to be crazy. I've got a Northern Industrial meat grinder recommended in the Electric Meat Grinders topic and have been very happy with it; you might consider going that route instead of the mixer attachment.

• Like 1

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

I have both a KitchenAid and a Viking. I got the Viking when I got frustrated with my KitchenAid being too small to successfully make a batch of bread dough with a kilo of flour. I find I like the KitchenAid better for cookie dough and most cake batters, especially since I got a beater blade that scrapes, but the Viking is my breadmaking beast.

Anyway, a few years back, I noticed that one of the rubber feet underneath had cracked. I wound up calling down south to Viking. They no longer make stand mixers (and apparently did so for a year or two) but they were happy to send me a few replacement feet. You might try phoning them to see if they have any of the attachments around still, if you're hell-bent on getting the attachment rather than a standalone.

• Like 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

• 5 months later...

AFAIK, the beaters and accessory attachments from the Hamilton Beach CPM700, Cuisinart SM-70, DeLonghi DSM7, Kenwood KMM021 and Viking VSM700 should be compatible with each other, since these mixers are all basically the same model mechanically.  (Note that not all of the smaller 5qt models share design compatibility, though I know the VSM500 5qt and VSM700 7qt use the same powered attachments.)   I have Cuisinart's SM-MG meat grinder attachment on order and will evaluate its compatibility with the Viking VSM700 - if it fits correctly I will probably spring for the pasta maker as well.

Edited by steve_hoge
Added HB CPM700 (log)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On June 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM, steve_hoge said:

I have Cuisinart's SM-MG meat grinder attachment on order and will evaluate its compatibility with the Viking VSM700 - if it fits correctly I will probably spring for the pasta maker as well.

The Cuisinart SM-MG attachment fits like a glove on the Viking VSM-700 front power takeoff (behind the logo plate) and it works like a charm!   At least the attachments that go on the front should all be compatible.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2016 at 10:23 AM, steve_hoge said:

AFAIK, the beaters and accessory attachments from the Hamilton Beach CPM700, Cuisinart SM-70, DeLonghi DSM7, Kenwood KMM021 and Viking VSM700 should be compatible with each other, since these mixers are all basically the same model mechanically.  (Note that not all of the smaller 5qt models share design compatibility, though I know the VSM500 5qt and VSM700 7qt use the same powered attachments.)   I have Cuisinart's SM-MG meat grinder attachment on order and will evaluate its compatibility with the Viking VSM700 - if it fits correctly I will probably spring for the pasta maker as well.

I have the KA pasta roller/cutter for mine. I like it a lot.

I had the extruder for a short time and got rid of it. It always seemed like it was going to break when trying to make extruded pasta, the pasta did not want to extrude, and it was just a giant PITA. 

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

• 2 weeks later...