• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PHILADELPHIA Lime Cheesecake

dcmango

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs 
3 Tbsp. sugar 
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted 
4 pkg. (225 g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese (or 2 tubs (450 g each)), softened 
1 cup sugar  (I used 2/3 cup to make it less sweet)
1 Tbsp. vanilla 
2 tbsp lime juice 
1 tsp lime zest 
4 eggs

Directions:
(1) Heat oven to 325°F.
(2) Combine graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter/margarine; Press crumbs over bottom of 9-inch non-stick springform pan.
(3)Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar (i used 2/3 cup to make it less sweet), vanilla, lime zest and lime juice in large bowl until blended. The add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on LOW speed just until blended. Pour filling into crust.
(4) Bake until outside 2 inches are set and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 55 minutes. Remove from oven; turn off oven.
(5) Let the cake cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
(6) Decoration: Arrange lime half-slices around top edge of cheesecake

image2.jpg

Edited by dcmango (log)
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, cdh said:

Any reason another cream cheese wouldn't work in this recipe? 

I guess the other cream cheese will also work...It's just i saw Philadelphia classic cheesecake recipe from Kraft website, it seems pretty easy to make so I decided to try it out. I used a bit less sugar than recommended (they suggest 1 cup but i used 2/3 cup) to make it less sweet and i added the lime juice and lime zest myself to make it a lime flavor cheesecake. It turned out to be very creamy, rich, yummy and not so sweet as I expected, and most importantly, it was really easy to make.

Edited by dcmango (log)