• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

RobertM

RobertM

First off Tartine is a typo...it's a Tanzanie Tart....the original formula is a Tanzanie & Cola Chocolate tart.

the base layer is a Chocolate Pate Sucree (how do I make accents marks?) that is delicious...I will be using it on other things as well.

then, a layer of caramel....the version in the formula was a bit soft for me (or, I messed up which is more likely the case) and I wanted a more stand-up caramel so, I used my own.  Then a layer of Tanzanine Dark Chocolate Ganache...and since I hadn't touched the bag I picked up at the demo I thought this would be the ideal desert for a recent dinner party...

pit was topped with a chocolate hazelnut streusel except I had no hazelnut flour on hand so I used almond flour....so, it's really a chocolate almond streusel....

everyone seemed to enjoy it.....

RobertM

RobertM

First off,mothers is a typo...it's a Tanzanie Tart....the original formula is a Tanzanie & Cola Chocolate tart.

the base layer is a Chocolate Pate Sucree (how do I make accents marks?) that is delicious...I will be using it on other things as well.

then, a layer of caramel....the version in the formula was a bit soft for me (or, I messed up which is more likely the case) and I wanted a more stand-up caramel so, I used my own.  Then a layer of Tanzanine Dark Chocolate Ganache...and since I hadn't touched the bag I picked up at the demo I thought this would be the ideal desert for a recent dinner party...

pit was topped with a chocolate hazelnut streusel except I had no hazelnut flour on hand so I used almond flour....so, it's really a chocolate almond streusel....

everyone seemed to enjoy it.....