• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

I was in a need of something sweet and quick, but substantial and preferably warm. So I made a "chocolate omelette". It does not really contains chocolate, only coca powder and honey. I've never seen one before, but I quite like it. An omelette has a creamy and fluffy texture that suits for a dessert. Really quick to make.

20160428_222038.jpg

2 eggs

1 full teaspoon cocoa

2 teaspoons water or milk

2-3 teaspoons honey / sugar / brown sugar / what ever (adjust to taste, I used 2 teaspoons, which is just gently sweet and I think is quite right)

a pinch of salt

some vanilla if desired

butter for pan

Whisk cocoa with a 2 teaspoons water or milk to make a thick paste (otherwise it will clump).
Add eggs and flavorings, including honey/sugar. Whisk well.

Cook an omelette (french style - keep it juicy).

shain

shain

I was in a need of something sweet and quick, but substantial and preferably warm. So I made a "chocolate omelette". It does not really contains chocolate, only coca powder and honey. I've never seen one before, but I quite like it. An omelette has a creamy and fluffy texture that suits for a dessert. Really quick to make.

20160428_222038.jpg

2 eggs

1 full teaspoon cocoa

2-3 teaspoons honey / sugar / brown sugar / whatever (adjust to taste, I used 2 teaspoons, which is just gently sweet and I think is quite right)

a pinch of salt

some vanilla if desired

butter for pan

Whisk cocoa with a 2 teaspoons water to make a thick paste (otherwise it will clump).
Add eggs and flavorings, including honey/sugar. Whisk well.

Cook an omelette (french style - keep it juicy).