• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

On 4/2/2016 at 9:01 AM, shain said:

@Anna N Thanks you very much. The palachintas derived from my Hungarian side of the family. They resemble blitzes more then they do crepes, but are made with a less rich batter, giving them slightly more chew.

@excv_ This is a beautiful bread. And I really like the ribbon :) An egg yolk and some cornstarch might help keeping your filling from oozing.

Every bachelor Hungarian guy who can't cook knows how to make these.

oli

oli

On 4/2/2016 at 9:01 AM, shain said:

@Anna N Thanks you very much. The palachintas derived from my Hungarian side of the family. They resemble blitzes more then they do crepes, but are made with a less rich batter, giving them slightly more chew.

@excv_ This is a beautiful bread. And I really like the ribbon :) An egg yolk and some cornstarch might help keeping your filling from oozing.

Every bathelor Hungarian guy who can't cook knows how to make these.