• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

On 4/2/2016 at 5:25 AM, shain said:

Dessert from last night. Palachinta, filled with farmer cheese, lightly sweetened with honey, brandy soaked raisins, lemon zest. Cherry jam for dipping.

DSCF1341.JPG

My favourite way to have these are with ground walnuts with apricot jam.  My last visit to Sopron, my relatives had a stack of these for dinner, they were so yellow, and they were all with cottage cheese.  My mom used to put these in a pyrex container with some half and half and sugar, then slip them into the oven. Very good, but I still prefer the walnut/apricot filling.

oli

oli

Dessert from last night. Palachinta, filled with farmer cheese, lightly sweetened with honey, brandy soaked raisins, lemon zest. Cherry jam for dipping.

DSCF1341.JPG

My favourite way to have these are with ground walnuts with apricot jam.  My last visit to Sopron, my relatives had a stack of these for dinner and they were so yellow, and they were all with cottage cheese.  My mom used to put these in a pyrex container with some half and half and sugar, then slip them into the oven. Very good, but I still prefer the walnut/apricot filling.

oli

oli

DSCF1341.JPG

My favourite way to have these are with ground walnuts with apricot jam.  My last visit to Sopron, my relatives had a stack of these for dinner and they were all with cottage cheese.  My mom used to put these in a pyrex container with some half and half and sugar, then slip them into the oven. Very good, but I still prefer the walnut/apricot filling.