• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

16 hours ago, excv_ said:

- Some of the shells were a bit difficult to release from the parchment without having the tender insides ripped out, although I'm quite sure they weren't undercooked. Does anyone have an answer for that? Most did come off swiftly after they were cooled so it might be just that, but I think I've heard that they're supposed to release easily while still hot?

Where I used to work, we would turn the paper with the shells on it upside down, then spray it with water and leave it a couple of minutes.  That got them off OK.

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

16 hours ago, excv_ said:

- Some of the shells were a bit difficult to release from the parchment without having the tender insides ripped out, although I'm quite sure they weren't undercooked. Does anyone have an answer for that? Most did come off swiftly after they were cooled so it might be just that, but I think I've heard that they're supposed to release easily while still hot?

Where I used to work, we would turn the paper with the shells on it upside down, then spray it with water and leave it a