• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 02/03/2016 at 3:39 PM, kwankapang said:

Hi all,

Great to know there are so many people out there who like to stir-fry bu using a wok.

I have written a definite guide on stir-frying and is happy to contribute my understanding on this topic: 

The Definitive Guide To Stir-fry

Hope this article can provide all the questions raised in this foru,.

Thanks,

KP Kwan

Why is everything about beef? Is that the Malaysian influence?

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 02/03/2016 at 3:39 PM, kwankapang said:

Hi all,

Great to know there are so many people out there who like to stir-fry bu using a wok.

I have written a definite guide on stir-frying and is happy to contribute my understanding on this topic: 

The Definitive Guide To Stir-fry

Hope this article can provide all the questions raised in this foru,.

Thanks,

KP Kwan

I find your "definitive guide" a little strange. Some good tips there but I have never met a Chinese cook who fries the meat before the garlic and ginger. I have dozens of cook books in Chinese with hundreds of recipes for stir fries. Not one of them follows your method of frying the meat, then frying the garlic and ginger.

The idea is that the oil takes on the flavour and fragrance of those ingredients before the others are added. That is why they are referred to as "aromatics".

And why is everything about beef? Is that the Malaysian influence?