• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oklahoma and its foodways

I have a question concerning Oklahoma and where does it fit.  Is Oklahoma a part of the South, the Midwest or is it a Southwestern state.  To consider this question and think about its foodways,  where would you say that Oklahoma gets it greatest influences from?  It is one of the largest producers of pecans and at the same time wheat is one of its major food crops.  Cattle and chickens are also big crops.  Where does chocolate gravy fit in?  What would be considered Oklahoma's major foodways and influences?

*Moderators, if you need to move this it is okay with me.  I wasn't sure where it should go.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

further proof that Oklahoma is not part of the south. According to this map neither is Virginia or Florida.  Map is courtsey of the McDonald's corporation.

2220927653e71ea3617204d60e1ca173f4e4db37

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!