• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New on EG Forum

ELFRE@CH

Hello, I'm glad to join the group and share experiences, points of view and knowledge of the cooking world... I'm actually executive chef in a French Polynesian Resort and cooking teacher for some times.

Will try to  do my best in English...

Looking froward to reading you soon.

• Like 5

Executive chef & cooking teacher:   http://so-easycooking.blogspot.com/

Welcome! We're glad to have you here. I don't know much about French Polynesian cookery, and look forward to learning about it. Don't worry too much about your English; if we can make out what you're saying we'll be happy. :-)

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome.

many of us, i.e. Me  would be grateful if you might eventually take some pics of your dishes, perhaps the kitchen, etc

Many of us  i.e. Me would also like to hear about your ingredient, how you source them, etc.

mostly Most of  i.e. Me would love to hear and see what you prepare !

many thanks for joining !

Interesting!

Does each island have a different culinary tradition, or is there a general regional style?

Again, Welcome!

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

Hi,

Thanks for your welcoming messages .

I'll make a global answer prior starting to post what you asked for .

The  Polynesian cooking  doesn't have  a huge variety of dishes but they all sound weird for us.... Actually, it 's very interesting and surprising..They use all their  local products ( a lot of fish mostly raw  or marinated, coconut milk, coconut water  and pulp, breadfruit, taro root, see water!!,calaloo, goat, pork meat, vanilla pods, tiare flowers , pahua conch, perl oyster muscle, squills and so on...). I'm writing a cookbook in english language about those particular dishes.

Even in nothern countries , most of those dishes can be adapted.

I will post you exemples of local recipes adapted in a fusion way with pictures of  course.

• Like 1

Executive chef & cooking teacher:   http://so-easycooking.blogspot.com/