• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas Menu - I'd love some input!

Kim Shook

4 hours ago, Norm Matthews said:

My DIL, Cassie, her sister, aunt, and I don"t know who else, are all coming over this afternoon to keep their family tradition of making tamales for Christmas.

DSCN3198_zpsuv89thf6.jpg

I want that phone.  And the corny cornbread pan.  And the rellies coming over to make tamales.  Swunderful. 

• Like 5

RE the phone: When we moved here, we decided not to have land line phone but I put up the one we had before to cover the phone jack.  The cornbread mold is Wagner pat. July 6, 1920.

Here are my daughter-in-law and her niece making tamales.  She had intentions of making more than one kind, but it was 2:30 am when this batch finished.  She said something about making some more tomorrow.

1917038_10206860207762266_58780462748992

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
  • Like 6