• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving cocktails

Craig E

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, EvergreenDan said:

Oh, alright. You boozeshamed me into making Fish House Punch for the first time. I'm thinking Obsler (apple+pear eau de vie) plus some Giffard apricot liqueur for the peach brandy? Or I have a little Blume Marillen apricot eau de vie, but it seems a touch spendy and subtle for the application. I'm out of Calvados (having never again seen Dupont since the bottle I snagged about 5 years ago), but I have the Laird formerly known as BIB. Daron XO is probably available.

I think your expensive eaux-de-vie would get lost in the punch - these are best for sipping.

I'd go with Laird bib + apricot liqueur 2:1 to get some nice fruit flavors without too much sweetness.

• Delicious 1