• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

Wasn't sure where exactly to post this but the 'sous vide corned beef' didn't fit.

I went with a friend last evening to the nearby Catholic Church that holds a fund-raiser corned beef dinner every year.  This was my first time there, however.

Well their corned beef was the best I'd ever had!  Couldn't believe how the flavor was transformed.  What they do is slow cook the meat til tender, then they glaze it with a mix of brown sugar and yellow mustard, wrap it in foil and then bake for about 45 mins. in a slow oven.

Lord have mercy, you wouldn't believe how amazing this tasted.  I can't wait to cook my own now this weekend!  You must try this.  They made up almost 200 pounds of this (point cut) and sold out.

lindag

lindag

Wasn't sure where exactly to post this but the 'sous vide corned beef' didn't fit.

I went with a friend last evening to the nearby Catholic Church that holds a fund-raiser corned beef dinner every year.  This was my first time there, however.

Well their corned beef was the best I'd ever had!  Couldn't believe how the flavor was transformed.  What they do is slow cook the meat til tender, then they glaze it with a mix of brown sugar and yellow mustard, wrap it in foil and then bake for about 45 mins. in a slow oven.

Lord have mercy, you wouldn't believe how amazing this tasted.  I can't wait to cook my own now this weekend!  You must try this.