• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Stop & Shop has corned beef on sale this week and last for $1.96 a pound for the flat cut, which is the only cut I will buy. The point cut is best for pastrami IMO, not corned beef. I put it in the IP on the rack, covered with water, added the spices that came with the beef, bay leaves and 1/4 cup of Crystal hot sauce. Cooked for 90 minutes, natural release after ten minute cool down, wrapped in foil into a warm oven and added the cabbage and potatoes to the pot with the cooking juice for 3 minutes and pressure release. Best corned beef and cabbage I have ever had. I know my great grandfather, Timothy O'Learey was looking on with great approval! Deb could not believe how great it was either.

IMG_0364.thumb.JPG.279b27ac2cb481f2dd609IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.a864fa1925b3ff5fd513b

HungryChris

HungryChris

Stop & Shop has corned beef on sale this week and last for $1.96 a pound for the flat cut, which is the only cut I will buy. The point cut is best for pastrami IMO, not corned beef. I put it in the IP on the rack, covered with water, added the spices that came with the beef, added bay leaves and 1/4 cup of Crystal hot sauce. Cooked for 90 minutes, natural release after ten minute cool down, wrapped in foil into a warm oven and added the cabbage and potatoes to the pot with the cooking juice for 3 minutes and pressure release. Best corned beef and cabbage I have ever had. I know my great grandfather, Timothy O'Learey was looking on with great approval! Deb could not believe how great it was either.

IMG_0364.thumb.JPG.279b27ac2cb481f2dd609IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.a864fa1925b3ff5fd513b