• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

For my daughter school party the other day I was supposed to bring sandwiches...so I decided to make panettone gastronomico. This is a typical buffet item in Italy, it's an enriched bread baked in a panettone mold. Then it gets sliced horizontally and filled then built back.

It was really good, all parents (more than kids) liked it a lot.

I didn't have a panettone mold so I made one myself. I used a not so sweet brioche recipe. It's better to make the bread one day in advance, so it's not so crumbly when slicing and if filled with some hours in advance tastes nicer. I wasn't particularly creative with the filling because was meant to be for kids, so I did: one layer of mayo and ham, another one with tapenade and ricotta, another with brie and speck, then butter and genoa salame. I realized later that I didn't take a photo of the dressed panettone...I made some skewers with tomatoes to stick on round top.

These were 2 panettoni of 850 g each, weight before cooking.

After cooking,  I let it cool head down.

1.JPG

2.JPG3.JPG

4.JPG5.JPGIMG_5173.JPG

Then when you build it back the second layer need to be staggered and so on.

6.JPG

Franci

Franci

For my daughter school party the other day I was supposed to bring sandwiches...so I decided to make panettone gastronomico. This is a typical buffet item in Italy, it's an enriched bread baked in a panettone mold. Then it gets sliced horizontally and filled then built back.

It was really good, all parents (more than kids) liked it a lot.

I didn't have a panettone mold so I made one myself. I used a not so sweet brioche recipe. It's better to make the bread one day in advance, so it's not so crumbly when slicing and if filled with some hours in advance tastes nicer. I wasn't particularly creative with the filling because was meant to be for kids, so I did: one layer of mayo and ham, another one with tapenade and ricotta, another with brie and speck, then butter and genoa salame. I realized later that I didn't take a photo of the dressed panettone...I made some skewers with tomatoes to stick on round top.

Dough already proofed. Then after cooked I let it cool head down.

1.JPG

2.JPG3.JPG

4.JPG5.JPGIMG_5173.JPG

6.JPG

Franci

Franci

It was really good, all parents (more than kids) like it a lot.

1.JPG

2.JPG3.JPG

4.JPG5.JPGIMG_5173.JPG

6.JPG

Franci

Franci

For my daughter school party the other day I was supposed to bring sandwiches...so I decided to make panettone gastronomico. This is a typical buffet item in Italy, it's an enriched bread baked in a panettone mold. Then slice horizontally and filled then built back.

It was really good, all parents (more than kids) like it a lot.

1.JPG

2.JPG3.JPG

4.JPG5.JPG6.JPGIMG_5173.JPG

6.JPG