• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

5 minutes ago, shain said:

In my limited exprience baking with chia seeds, I have noticed they tend to retain moisture and alter the bread texture somewhat (in a mostly positive fashion). I'd like to hear if you notice something unusual as well.

Can't say I noticed any difference in that sense. The only thing I noticed was visual. I only added 25g of seeds to 500g of flour. Maybe that makes a difference.

But I was happy with the taste of the bread. Only tried one slice with butter as a test but was well satisfied.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 minute ago, shain said:

In my limited exprience baking with chia seeds, I have noticed they tend to retain moisture and alter the bread texture somewhat (in a mostly positive fashion). I'd like to hear if you notice something unusual as well.

Can't say I noticed any difference in that sense. The only thing I noticed was visual. I only added 25g of seeds to 500g of flour. Maybe that makes a difference.

But I was happy with the taste of the bread. Only tried one slice with butter as a test and was well satisified.