• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have had a miserable couple of days. I won't bore you with the details, Fortunately I mixed up a dough for olive bread on Tuesday, gave it an initial two hour rise then whacked it into the fridge.

This morning (Friday) I took it out, let it come back to room temperature (about 35ºC here at the moment) then punched it down and left it on my bed under a blanket while I went shopping.

Two hours later I returned, cranked up the oven and baked the thing. I haven't tasted it yet, but it's looking good, I think. Baking therapy!

olive bread 0.jpg

The black dots are chia seeds which I just happened to find on Tuesday and added to the dough.

olive bread 1.jpg

I'm happy so far. Wlil let you know how it tastes when it cools down.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have had a miserable couple of days. I won't bore you with the details, Fortunately I mixed up a dough for olive bread on Tuesday, gave it an initial two hour rise then whacked it into the fridge. This morning (Friday) I took it out, let it come back to room temperature (about 35ºC here at the moment) then punched it down and left it on my bed under a blanket while I went shopping.

Two hours later I returned, cranked up the oven and baked the thing. I haven't tasted it yet, but it's looking good, I think.

olive bread 0.jpg

The black dots are chia seeds which I just happened to find on Tuesday and added to the dough.

olive bread 1.jpg

I'm happy so far. Wlil let you know how it tastes when it cools down.