• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Made the bread with pureed corn as the liquid yesterday. I think I pulled it from the oven just a smidge early -- it's a tad gummy -- and while it has a good flavor, you really don't taste the corn. I think if and when I make it again, I'll add some cornmeal or masa for a bit more corn personality. 

corn bread.JPG

Will be baking a lot next week, as I've traded a couple of loaves of bread for someone coming to till up my three little garden spots, and another to someone who'll offer his pickup truck for a run to Lowe's. I love the barter economy.

kayb

kayb

Made the bread with pureed corn as the liquid yesterday. I think I pulled it from the oven just a smidge early -- it's a tad gummy -- and while it has a good flavor, you really don't taste the corn. I think if and when I make it again, I'll add some cornmeal or masa for a bit more corn personality. 

corn bread.JPG

Will be baking a lot next week, as I've traded a couple of loaves of bread for someone coming to till up my three little garden spots, and another one who'll offer his pickup truck for a run to Lowe's. I love the barter economy.