• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

@ElsieD  

I think you mean  the Test Kitchen.   Its far from clear there will be any CC in the future, as least in the format of the past.

Ive watched two Test Kitchen eps, broadcast in my local area.

the on screen cast seemed very hyper to me for some reason.  I don't personally miss CK , as he seems to add little if anything at all to the show.

and his Tasting Skits were abysmal  and stupid.

the show and the magazine both seem to have run their course.

I think people want something w more depth and information.

at least enough of them to allow the Test Kitchen to begin to crumble.

the Cast Iron show trivialized creating a non-stick surface on new cast iron.  w the advent of the internet and

so may YouTube vids and quality cooking sites    :  a tablespoon of vegetable oil doesn't cut the mustard.

the New Twins humor falls flat and adds nothing to the creation of the dish.

I wish I knew more of the Economics of these shows on PBS.

I do know that many of the before-noon cooking shows on Saturdays are offered to PBS for free.

as a way of creating business buzz for those conglomerates  

rotuts

rotuts

@ElsieD  

I think you mean  the Test Kitchen.   Its far from clear there will be any CC in the future, as least in the format of the past.

the on screen cast seemed very hyper to me for some reason.  I don't personally miss CK , as he seems to add little if anything at all to the show.

the Cast Iron show trivialized creating a non-stick surface on new cast iron.  w the advent of the internet and

so may YouTube vids and quality cooking sites    :  a tablespoon of vegetable oil doesn't cut the mustard.

the New Twins humor falls flat and adds nothing to the creation of the dish.

rotuts

rotuts

@ElsieD  

rotuts

rotuts

@ElsieD