• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving 2015....One thing old, one thing new

gulfporter

Thank you so much Lisa! Also, as suggested on the website, I'll mix some poultry seasoning and black pepper with the salt but just for the parts under the skin. Will also let the bird sit unwrapped in the fridge as they instruct although I've seen the exact opposite suggested elsewhere. Next time, of course, I'll get an earlier start.

Good luck on your cabbage rolls and your brussel sprouts dish sounds good enough for this hater of brussel sprouts to change her mind.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

Don't know if it will go with your TG feast, but this is one of my favorite sweet potato recipies, been making it for a long time. I think it was someone on eGullet that first made mention of it many moons ago:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lime-cilantro-sweet-potatoes-109459

Thank you for this link. The sweet potatoes (even without the cilantro) are excellent.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog