• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hand Conditions From Cooking & Doing Dishes

weinoo

On November 9, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Fernwood said:

For dishwashing, my current favorites are these Mr. Clean "bliss" gloves.

Based on this, I also ordered a few pairs.  They rarely have the small size in the stores so I'm usually stuck with baggy fingers, so nice to have gloves that fit and the quality seems good.

On January 4, 2016 at 8:21 AM, hathor said:

You're just a sucker for the cloud soft lining, aren't you?

Oh, it goes far beyond the cloud soft lining!  Notice the embossed wrist detail and lace-like cuff.  Even better is the slivery Mr. Clean logo printed on each glove:  

IMG_2412.thumb.jpg.7a2ff5eed240b13d41317

So, so fancy!  I may start wearing them out to special events :D:D:D!

• Like 6

The bag balm is fantastic for healing the hands (and feet).  I learned about it in college from a friend who was raised on a farm. They'd not only use it on the milking cows, but on their own hands and feet- to cure cracked dry skin.  Since I was little,  I was a lover of going barefoot whenever possible, and the feetsies paid for it.   Her solution was to slather a bunch of bag balm all over the feet at night, and cover with an old pair (loose) cotton socks. Next morning, my feet were like silk. Ah! Joy!    Years later, when I became a domestic goddess and my hands were suffering badly, I did the same thing, and put the socks over my hands at night. Next morning, it was like a miracle!

I want to try those Mr. Clean gloves though....they sound wonderful!

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

On 1/4/2016 at 11:38 AM, rotuts said:

Meduim ?

o.O

I got large, because medium gloves usually are a bit of a struggle to get on and off.

for dishwashing, i'm not quite as concerned with the fit as I am when doing cooking stuff.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?