• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

saluki

saluki

Added info

4 hours ago, Chimayo Joe said:

Still haven't had a frozen dumpling that I didn't like.  

Pagoda wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but it was good.  Those are fairly similar to the Wei Chuan dumplings in the previous post.  I like Pagoda's filling a little better and Wei Chuan's wrapper a little better. 

I wouldn't say the Bibigo Japchae potstickers with beef and pork were better than the other dumplings, but they are different enough to make them worthwhile.  I'm enjoying the smallness of dumplings as opposed to the size of egg rolls.  Nice to be able to eat an assortment without feeling stuffed. I'm not very familiar with different types of dumplings, but these were unusual to me in that they don't look like my idea of a dumpling.  They're rectangular and flat.

I liked the Beksul Duru Duru dumplings least of the five I've had, but even those were good.

I went 375° for 9 minutes, flipping halfway, and that was fine.

After some experimenting and filling my freezer with different dumplings, I like pork and leek and pork and vegetable the best.  Bibigo and Pulmuone have thin wrappers which I like and cook up well in the air fryer.

Although, I haven't had in a while Ajinomoto gyoza dumplings were pretty good.  Also like the TJ's Thai shrimp dumplings..

saluki

saluki

4 hours ago, Chimayo Joe said:

Still haven't had a frozen dumpling that I didn't like.  

Pagoda wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but it was good.  Those are fairly similar to the Wei Chuan dumplings in the previous post.  I like Pagoda's filling a little better and Wei Chuan's wrapper a little better. 

I wouldn't say the Bibigo Japchae potstickers with beef and pork were better than the other dumplings, but they are different enough to make them worthwhile.  I'm enjoying the smallness of dumplings as opposed to the size of egg rolls.  Nice to be able to eat an assortment without feeling stuffed. I'm not very familiar with different types of dumplings, but these were unusual to me in that they don't look like my idea of a dumpling.  They're rectangular and flat.

I liked the Beksul Duru Duru dumplings least of the five I've had, but even those were good.

I went 375° for 9 minutes, flipping halfway, and that was fine.

After some experimenting and filling my freezer with different dumplings, I like pork and leek and pork and vegetable the best.  Bibigo and Pulmuone have thin wrappers which I like and cook up well in the air fryer.