• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Patrick S

Patrick S

First shot. After some experiment, definitely think the TiO2 is necessary to get the opacity like that shown in Sattler's videos. This entremet consists of hazelnut dacquoise topped with feuilletine, Nutella and milk chocolate, chocolate mousse, an insert of chocolate cremeaux, more mousse, topped with chocolate mirroir. The color was made with clear piping gel mixed with 20% water, couple drops of TiO2, and gel color, slightly warmed. Used hair dryer, and I think I need something stronger- a can of compressed air I think. I have a little tweaking to do, but pretty sure I can nail it with a few more runs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Patrick S

Patrick S

First shot. After some experiment, definitely think the TiO2 is necessary to get the opacity like that shown in Sattler's videos. This entremet consists of hazelnut dacquoise topped with feuilletine, Nutella and milk chocolate, chocolate mousse, an insert of chocolate cremeaux, more mousse, topped with chocolate mirroir. The color was made with clear piping gel mixed with 20% water, couple drops of TiO2, and gel color, slightly warmed. Used hair dryer, and I think I need something stronger- a can of compressed air I think. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Patrick S

Patrick S

First shot. After some experiment, definitely think the TiO2 is necessary to get the opacity like that shown in Sattler's videos. This entremet consists of hazelnut dacquoise topped with feuilletine, Nutella and milk chocolate, chocolate mousse, an insert of chocolate cremeaux, more mousse, topped with chocolate mirroir. The color was made with clear piping gel mixed with 20% water, couple drops of TiO2, and gel color, slightly warmed. Used hair dryer, and I think I need something stronger- a can of compressed air I think. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg