• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Ive never heard a chirp.

Ive never preheated.  not so say that that's the best way to use the CSB.  theses small ovens get to temp very quickly.

Ive found w steam everything cooks much faster.  I thermapen meats.  I use a lower temp than Id use in a Dry oven for meats

this is a bit of SV thinking.   and when the meat is almost done, I either do a steam-broil for the browing of the top, or more often

a careful torching out of the oven.

if someone does the whole chicken again, in their usual fashion , Id be interested in the termapen'd  temps of the white and dark meat

when you take the Bird out of the oven.

if you have not tried chicken or turkey thighs in the CSB, please consider this.  skin on, w or w/o the bone.

you will be very impressed I think.

of course, you have to like Dark Meat.

rotuts

rotuts

Ive never heard a chirp.

Ive never preheated.  not so say that that's the best way to use the CSB.  theses small ovens get to temp very quickly.

Ive found w steam everything cooks much faster.  I thermapen meats.  I use a lower temp than Id use in a Dry oven for meats

this is a bit of SV thinking.   and when the meat is almost done, I either do a steam-broil for the growing of the top, or more often

a careful torching out of the oven.

if someone does the whole chicken again, in their usual fashion , Id be interested in the termapen'd  temps of the white and dark meat

when you take the Bird out of the oven.

if you have not tried chicken or turkey thighs in the CSB, please consider this.  skin on, w or w/o the bone.

you will be very impressed I think.

of course, you have to like Dark Meat.