• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

G'day

sartoric

I'm an amateur but passionate cook living on the Gold Coast in Australia. I've been interested in food and cooking for about 40 years (yes, I started young) and travel often to South East Asia where perhaps my main food interests lie.

We are lucky to enjoy a sub tropical climate, so grow many herbs, plus tomatoes and small veggies on our suburban block.

I love the research involved in finding and adapting new recipes.

I also love the challenge of looking in the fridge/pantry at what's available, then coming up with a delicious meal.

It's great to find this site, happy days ahead !

• Like 2

Welcome to eGullet, sartoric!

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do and I know most here do. It is a wonderful community of people interested in the 'food and drink arts' - from all backgrounds and parts of the world. Happy to see another Aussie join us.

• Like 1

Good to see you here, sartoric!

Very nice first post in the Dinner thread. I would have loved to have been a guest at you table.

I'm looking forward to sharing more of your culinary life, and have been very jealous of the gorgeous seafood some of your fellow Aussies have posted about.

Love your avatar :-)

• Like 2

> ^ . . ^ <

Welcome sartoric to eGullet.  I'd love to come to Australia some time but I fear it's never to be...

I have a dear friend who lives in Daintree, QLD, and after googling the placenames, I see that you are very far from that area although both are in QLD. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Welcome sartoric to eGullet.  I'd love to come to Australia some time but I fear it's never to be...

I have a dear friend who lives in Daintree, QLD, and after googling the placenames, I see that you are very far from that area although both are in QLD.

Thanks Darienne.

Yes Daintree is a couple thousand kilometres north from here. It's a very beautiful area though and well worth a visit !

Maybe one day you'll get here.