• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chillin' in Manitoulin

Kerry Beal

How was the chocolate session yesterday?  

Safe travels and we'll see you when you get home :)

Good fun! I left a few molds and some chocolate for her to play with - we'll see what she learned.

• Like 1

IMG_1408.jpg

A sad site - balcony with no BBQ

IMG_1411.jpg

Cleanish kitchen - a gift of chocolate bark for the cleaners left on the counter

IMG_1416.jpg

Driving down island.

IMG_1420.jpg

South Baymouth 

IMG_1422.jpg

Ferry right side up

IMG_1425.jpg

Hamburger Deluxe on the ferry. Tomorrow the ferry will go from Tobermory down to Owen Sound with 650 souls on board - kind of like a one day cruise - then it will be drydocked for the winter.

IMG_1427.jpg

What is this white stuff on the ground in Owen Sound do you suppose?

So I'm home now eating a bowl of popcorn and having a cup of tea for dinner. 

I did drop in on  Matt Kayahara and Matt Hayday for a couple of minutes - was passing by and a stretch was needed. Caught up on the new menu at the restaurant the Matt K is sous chef in now! Some lovely looking dishes. Also picked up a copy of Matt H's new book.

• Like 11

Such a short visit.  Bittersweet.

Yeah ... what she said.  Can't wait for the next visit when ... hopefully ... the duo will be reunited in mayhem and tomfoolery.

• Like 7

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gifIMG_1365.jpg

Leftover apples, thawed puff pastry - apple galette! So I have another sheet of puff thawed - will have to figure out what to make with it. Hmmm... what other leftover stuff could be put in it.

Kerry could you please share your recipe for the galette?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Apples, bit of sugar, squeeze of lemon, few bits of butter, couple of tsp tapioca starch. Might have been a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Thanks, I can work with that!  You would happen to remember the temperature would you?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou