• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Weights + Measures - Houston

brucesw

A restaurant, bar and bake shop, the main retail outlet for Slow Dough bakery with baking on premises.

IMG_1457.JPG

Plan B for lunch today; I was thinking they had a charcuterie plate but it was a pressed salumi sandwich - 2 types of salami, ham, cheese and red pepper on a pressed ciabatta roll, with house-made chips and bread and butter pickles.  I woulda rather had a charcuterie plate with bread and cheese.  It was supposed to be a half pound of meats and I was so full afterward I couldn't even contemplate the sweets in the bake shop but I did score a loaf of pumpernickel. I've had a thing about pumpernickel in recent months and I think Slow Dough makes the best one in town.

Website

W + M was recently named by the reviewer for Houstonia Mag as one of the ten best new restaurants of the past 12 months.