• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for good to great restaurant near Bangkok airport

Hey folks.  I will be spending one day and one night in a Bangkok airport hotel before flying to my final destination.  I am looking for a good to hopefully GREAT restaurant serving either traditional Thai food or French/Thai fusion food that is "NEAR" the airport.  When I say "near" I would prefer not to have to taxi it out farther than 30 minutes or so from the airport where I am staying.  Downtwon BKK is about one hour away.  I mean if I absolutely cannot find a place worth going to that is NEARER to the airport, then I will consider downtown.  But in my perfect world, it would be nice not to have to go that far!  Thanks for your help ahead of time!