• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from India

mrugankmshah

Hi there everyone,

Came upon the forum a few days back while googling. Been a great read and decided to join up. 

I am from Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India. Am a very novice cook but love to spend time in the kitchen when i can.

Moving myself up from cooking packages food to meals slows and steadily. I have recently co-founded a startup which aims to basically be an artificial intelligence engine for trying new foods. Hoping to learn more about different cultural taste patterns by interacting with all of you.

Cheers.

Welcome, and congratulations on moving from the packaged food to cooking it yourself!  You'd probably have a lot of fascinated westerners if you were to post about what sort of packaged foods are readily available there, but you've probably already figured out that there are a lot of do-it-yourselfers around here.   :smile:   If you feel like sharing your learning experiences with us, I'm sure you'll have a lot of eager readers.  

What sort of flavor profile and cooking ingredients go with your part of India?    

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I have recently co-founded a startup which aims to basically be an artificial intelligence engine for trying new foods.

Now that I'd love to learn more about.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer