• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steamboat Smokehouse - Steamboat Springs, CO

I've only had sliced brisket and pulled pork from Steamboat Smokehouse, but I was surprised at how good it was. I went in expecting typical tourist town/tourist trap bbq, but it was far from that. The brisket was delicious, thick-sliced, and tender though unnaturally moist. Plenty of smoke on it which is how I like bbq. Pulled pork was good, too, but that's easy to get right.

Edited by Chimayo Joe (log)

Sorry to say I don't recall what the sauces were like. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich, and I only had a bit of the meat. I was so surprised to run into brisket outside of central Texas that didn't need sauce that either the sauce has slipped my mind completely or I just didn't use it. I think they had two or three sauces available. Should have paid more attention. When I go there again(which will probably be quite awhile from now) I'm planning to try the ribs, and I'm sure I'll be using the sauces then.

Edited by Chimayo Joe (log)