• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amicas - Salida, CO

Wonderful pizza, but be prepared to wait because Amicas is very busy. I'd never gotten one of those flashing devices that lets you know your table is ready in a restaurant in a town as small as Salida, but I can see how Amicas would need that. I eat pizza a lot, and Amicas ranks pretty high by my standards.

Edited by Chimayo Joe (log)

It's wood-fired thin crust pizza. Here's the menu: http://amicassalida.com/menu

I had the #6 (marinara, pepperoni, sausage, diced tomato, mozzarella, fresh oregano.) I usually go for something fairly basic like that on my first visit to a new place. I had pizza from Moonlight, the other main pizza place in Salida, a couple of years ago and don't remember being impressed by it. I'll be back to Amicas though, no doubt about it.