• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Los Alazanes - Grand Junction, CO

Just thought I'd mention this restaurant in GJ. It's part of a very small chain that has a handful of locations in California and one in Grand Junction for some reason. There is only a drive-through and a walk-up window. I don't know how they do it, but the service is very fast, and the food is better than the Mexican sit-down restaurants in town. The carnitas tacos are my favorite, but I've never had anything from Los Alazanes that was less than good. Oh, and they're open 24 hours a day which is almost unheard of in Grand Junction.

Thanks for the information, Chimayo Joe.  We have friends in Moab who travel to GJ regularly and I'll mention this to them.  Next time we are through, we'll try it.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Their menu is surprisingly extensive for a place that just does take-out, mainly drive-through take-out. They have combination plates with tacos(including fish tacos), enchiladas, burritos, chiles rellenos, fajitas, machaca, or chorizo with the usual refried beans(which are very good) and rice. The burrito section of the menu has more than a dozen choices. They have chimichangas, tortas, tostadas, and a reasonably varied breakfast menu, among other things. They're not stingy with the food either. One carnitas taco(I split it into two tacos using the two tortillas it's made with, because it's stuffed too full to manage otherwise) and a side order of refried beans fills me up.

I have a long way to go before I've even made a dent in their menu.

Edited by Chimayo Joe (log)