• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG's New Ontario Dining Board?

TicTac

I remember a time that this forum was hopping, then it seemed it slowed down and many moved to CH -

Perhaps with the nonsense that is their new site and the fascist regime in power, EG may once again flourish and offer a place where we can easily have friendly discourse about the great food our province has to offer?!

• Like 5

Hey Prima -

SS here.

I have not been to Alo yet, though have heard great things.  Once my 8 week old kiddo gets on some type of schedule and his mom becomes more comfortable leaving him alone, it will be on our hit list!

Though I cannot comment on if this is a 'find' (shall we now dub it an EGcellentFind?) as I have yet to dine there, I have noticed a 'noodle shop' (no other English name notable) at the bottom of one of the condo buildings on Yonge St South of Finch on the east side.  Very few tables, some stools, but ALWAYS packed.

Must check it out at some point.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I finally tried Kom Jug Yuen on Spadina on Sun for supper. Good for a cheap bite. 3 of us ate for $40, inc tax and a nice tip.

Have been enjoying Hungarian comfort food at Country Style lately, ordering off the daily specials. Cash only.

Also like the fairly cheap fried chicken sandwich at Insomnia, which is open late each night.

Still want to try Pukka and Maha. Despite the long waits for breakfast some people have described at Maha.

If anyone is going to the Evergreen Asado event at the Brickworks, I hope to see you there. Maybe those of us who attend can describe what we will be wearing that evening. I will probably be wearing a little black dress. Ha ha.

Should be a super event.

Edited by phoenikia (log)

As we continue discussions about food around town -

I recently have had an opportunity to try some fare truly downtown (as I have a client down at King and Spadina, otherwise rarely would I be in this are).

A few times have we been to Khao San Road, and we recently tried Pai to compare -

Though both good, we all found the Bangkok pad thai at KSR far superior to the version at Pai.  It was excellent.

Enjoy the Brickworks event.

• Like 1